RiverThrough

What is BlockPlanet and when will it release?

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, decided it would be a good idea to make a post discussing what exactly I aim BlockPlanet to be and when we can expect a release. Okay so lets begin, BlockPlanet is obviously a minecraft server which I have been developing for the past few months. What I aim this server to be like is a much more vanilla like survival experience. I still however want to have an economy that promotes player interaction through activities and player trading such as shops. With an economy in place I can keep features such as a hatshop/a bank/a lottery system and more that promote the usage of the economy without changing the vanilla aspect of the game much. What I have done to tackle the non vanilla feeling is heavily restrict teleporting. Lets be honest teleporting around a world breaks alot of the hardcore vanilla experience, but I didn't want to remove it altogether so I  just heavily restricted it and set it up to be more fair. I'm quite happy with the changes I have made both as the developer/owner and as the player who would abuse /home <homename> when I was about to die in lava xD In a nutshell I want to balance features like teleportation so that they cannot be abused against the survival experience. Now lets talk about a release date, currently I honestly have no idea when I will have a public ready version. I can say that I have done quite alot, I have recoded all of the following: Bank, lottery, mallshops, marriage, pets, staffsecurity, warps and a few others that I wont mention just yet. Getting all of that recoded and changing it to work with mysql (a way to store large amounts of data) took me a while but I have been coding faster than I ever have before  and the issue is I just don't get alot of free time to work on the server alot since I have a full time job. So a release date? Uhmm, I can't give one but what I will say is that I will try my best to open to the public in 2-3 months. Maybe April 1st Kappa Anyway I hope this was informative, I'm very excited to play on the server with others even if we don't have tons of players there should still be plenty of fun to be had :D

Hey man im glad you're trying to make it more survival based and stuff, but just like try to keep it fun too js

9 hours ago, aparimeya said:

Hey man im glad you're trying to make it more survival based and stuff, but just like try to keep it fun too js

Yeah I'm trying my best to focus on features that will make the individual experience more fun rather than what I did with JoKaCraft 3.0 which was that I invested alot of time into creating features that would only really work with tons of players online and since we never really had many players alot of features were just simply never used. Hopefully I get it right this time :D

I'm totally not one of those people who do /home when they're falling into the void or anything. Kappa

Edited by Fox

11 hours ago, Fox said:

I'm totally not one of those people who do /home when they're falling into the void or anything. Kappa

I'll have to make an exploiter rank and give it to the known exploit abusers such as yourself!